Members of DiEM25 in Turkey, the Turkish branch of DiEM25, gathered in Bolu on September 18-19.
The DiEM25 meeting in Bolu brought members of our movement together in a physical environment for the first time after the pandemic. We discussed what to do over the next few months and also assessed what we have been doing since the start.
We discussed issues such as the climate crisis, migration, poverty and the destruction of democracy, from a local to international perspective, issues that are all on the DiEM25 agenda.
For the coming period, we will strengthen relations with the international structure of the movement and organize routine meetings.
Here’s a quick summary of what we decided:
- Carry out face-to-face meetings; restart of monthly forums from October
- Work on the establishment of new local groups (DSC), in 81 cities of Turkey.
- To schedule tasks and work sharing
- To carry out online activities with strong visual graphics
- Determine the objectives in order of priority and update them periodically
- Thematically launch monthly newsletters
- Hold a meeting of local group coordinators (September)
- Rework on the Pending Manifesto for Turkey, the Provisional National Collective Training (PNC) and social media activity
- Organize a big meeting in Istanbul (13-14 or 20-21 November)
Do you live in Turkey and want to get involved? Create your own local group or connect with existing ones.
Would you like to be informed of DiEM25’s actions? register here